Tuesday, February 16, 2010

In Honor of the Olympics

Hi friends! I hope that you all had a nice weekend. Mine was really fun. I am going to blog about it later in the week.

Friday night, mommy and daddy watched something called the Opening Ceremony of the Winter Olympics. I watched a little too, in between chewing my bone, chasing the dog in the bookshelf away, and tugging my jug. I noticed one thing about the Olympics, there are no Vizsla friendly sports. See what I mean.

1. Curling. Why would you want to run on ice, you can't go far. And you can't even chase that ball thing because it is too heavy. I do have to say that the people do a nice job of cleaning up after themselves with the sweeping and all/


2. Ski jump. They don't make bindings for little dog feet. Plus four skis for four legs might cause some problems.


3. Ice Dancing. I don't look good in spandex or sequins.


4. Skeleton. Speeding down an ice path on your belly head first, now I am a dog and that seems like a really bad idea to me. Enough said.


Well, because there seems to be no dog friendly sports in the Olympics, I propose three new events for the 2010 Winter Olympics.

1. Snow running.


2. Snow eating. I have the gold metal in the bag for this one.


3. Snow marking. Hehe!


I am going to officially petition for these new events to the Olympic people. I will keep you all posted!

2 comments:

  1. Doug you are very wise beyond your years! I agree with everything you said about the silly games that my parents are wasting their time with!!

    ReplyDelete